Rise of the Tomb Raider Review - "Surviving the Wilderness"
JoyStik Entertainment video game reviews are honest opinions on the good, the bad, and the ugly of each and every video game. In this section, we review PlayStation, Xbox, and PC video games.
After uncovering an ancient mystery, Lara Croft embarks on a journey throughout the most treacherous and remote regions of the world to find the secret of immortality. Forming powerful new alliances and relying on her intellect and survival skills, Lara will ultimately embrace her fate as the Tomb Raider. Featuring epic, high-octane action moments set in the most beautifully hostile environments on earth, Rise of the Tomb Raider delivers a cinematic survival action adventure where you will join Lara Croft on her first tomb raiding expedition and witness the rise of an icon.
- Gameplay reigns king in the new Tomb Raider. Shooting a bow and arrow at enemies or animals makes you feel like Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games, and sneaking up on enemies makes you feel Snake from Metal Gear Solid.
- The sounds of the snow crunching below your feet, and the wilderness in the distance feels a real life feeling.
- Visuals are beautiful. Details like pointless caves or side content really engage you, giving you more of a reason to explore outside of the linear story.
- Endurance mode! A game mode where you attempt to survive the harsh weather and wilderness.
- Character development throughout the game will have players caring about each and every moment of the story.
- Pretty cliche story, but not saying it is bad! Just very cliche.
- Not much replay value after the first wonderful play through.